avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [config, phoenix, cornerstone] avalon-demo.sar
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 07:36:23 GMT
On Wed, 18 Jul 2001 02:58, Scott Silver wrote:
> In addition, if someone can point me to a working demonstration (or how to
> get to a working demo) that would be great.

at it's simplest

set CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic
export CVSROOT
cvs co jakarta-avalon
cvs co jakarta-avalon-phoenix
cvs co jakarta-avalon-cornerstone

cd jakarta-avalon-cornerstone
./build.sh

cd ../jakarta-avalon-phoenix
./build.sh

cp ../jakarta-avalon-cornerstone/build/lib/avalon-demo.sar dist/apps
cd dist/bin
./run.sh

>The avalon website seems fairly
> complex to me...I've seen some traffic on this mailing list talking about
> new documentation (if it's checked in, where?).

It is not for Phoenix (the Application Server) but for the framework in
general. It is located in jakarta-avalon CVS.

> Details:
>
> When I start up phoenix I get:
>
> There was an uncaught exception:
> java.lang.IllegalAccessError: try to access class
> org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.connection.Connection from class
> org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.connection.DefaultConnectionManager

This is odd as according to my interpretation of the JLS this is fine. Can
you recheckout the latest CVS code (I just reworked phoenix majorly). And
then try again. If it still fails could you give me details of your JVM.

ie output of "java -version" and vendor info etc (also if there is any files
in JVMs ext dir).

Cheers,

Pete