avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject RE: i18n code in scratchpad ?
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2001 16:10:44 GMT
Hi Neeme!

> > > Neeme Praks has used it.  He is going to be the maintainer for this.
> >
> > Great. Neeme, I've look at the code to the XMLResourceBundle/Factory
> > class and it seems to be mostly clear. What is not currently not clear
> > to me is the markup of the input xml documents. What format should
> > they be in ?
>
> Plain XML :-)
> Example:
> <resources>
> 	<foo>bar</foo>
> </resources>
>
> then, in code, you can get "bar" like this:
> bundle.getString("/resources/foo");

	ok. Thanks for clearing that up! :-)

> > I also noticed that the XMLResourceBundle class depends on Xerces and
> > Xalan classes - is there any way of being able to make it function
> > independantly of parser and xslt processor ?
>
> If there is a standard API for XPath queries (I'm not aware of any), then it
> would be easy. Otherwise, we would need to write our own (or extract from
> Xalan) XPath query "evaluator".

	*nod*

	I've attached a diff which cleans up the code a little - removes
	unused imports, replaces the Xerces classes with javax.xml.parsers.*,
	and updates the logkit code to the new API. Hope the changes are ok
	with you.

	I also noticed that the XPathAPI code is actually a part of Xalan 2
	now. Are there intentions to package Xalan 2 with avalon ? or will
	this file be duplicated for a little while longer ?

	Do you know when this code will be become a part of avalon proper ?
	I'd like to use these classes in some cocoon code I'm writing.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&:           After Hours    : +49 69 49086750