avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: [Vote][Excalibur] Component Pools
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2001 13:19:44 GMT
Regarding the changes in the pool components: I volunteer to do them.

Attribute names: avalon-pool-size-min, avalon-pool-size-max and
avalon-pool-size-grow, they correspond to the parameters to the pool
controller, and the use of "avalon-" instead of "excalibur-" makes it clear
that these attributes should work with any Avalon component manager that
honors them, not just Excalibur's default implementation.

> Hmm.  What kind of machine do you have?  On my machine, and on Santiago's
> machine, we haven't every gotten these.  My machine is a single Athlon,
> and Santiago has a dual P-II 400 system.  It could be that your machine
> simply stresses it more--so that we have uncovered a weak spot.
>
> Could you give a quick run down of hardware/JVM/OS that you are using?
> By hardware I mean number of CPUs, CPU speed, CPU brand, physical memmory.

Windows 2000 Professional, JDK 1.3, Single Athlon 1.2GHz with 1GB RAM. Java
heap size is set to 128 MB.

I believe that this is linked to the issue with the pools, but I'm not
certain. Since it only appears to occur on my machine *with my program*, I'd
say you shouldn't spend any time on it. If anyone else has get the same
exceptions - yes, then it is cause for investigation, but right now I see no
reason.

/LS