avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Simons" <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject RE: Jesktop becoming an Apache project
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2001 18:03:26 GMT
I'd really like to see Jesktop move into the Apache fold, but I
do feel an app like this should not live between the current
jakarta projects -- it simply has a very different concern area.

I am also not too thrilled of a "JakartaForge" project; my concerns
are probably the same as those of other sceptics. I'd rather see a
new 'parent project' for apps like Jesktop (though from the looks of
it, Commons is not what I would do).

If Avalon conquers the Java world, there will be many more
apps like Jesktop. I'd like to see those apps within an Avalon
sub-project.

This is the third project (XCommander and that management console
are the other) which would probably fit best inside an
"Built on Avalon" sub-project/CVS.

> Could I gather some thoughts from those Avalon fans here before I
> go to the Jon Stevens & the PMC
> ?

However you go about it, I really like jesktop and would love to
see it more closely tied to 'the rest'.

cheers,

LSD