avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: BugZilla setup
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2001 19:40:26 GMT
Charles Benett at charles@benett1.demon.co.uk wrote:

> Pier,
>
> Does Bugzilla support versioned components?
>
> Avalon has multiple sub-projects, each with its own release cycle.
> At the moment, I have each subproject as a separate Bugzilla component.
> But the versions are Avalon-wide.
> If there is a way to associate versions with components, that would be
> handy.
> But, we can probably manage as is.

No, that's a drawback of BugZilla... And that's why we're waiting for Scarab
to get along (October should be final). All you can do is make your versions
with COMPONENT_VERSION but nobody forbids a bug to be in ComponentA and with
version ComponentB_1.0...

BugZilla SUCKS! :) (but there's no better alternative right now...)

    Pier