avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Automagic Announcement Generation
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2001 17:30:43 GMT
I set up a text Announcement generation file that takes care
of sub-projects, and incorporates the "Changes" from the
changes.xml files.  It still requires manual editing once
it is generated due to text wrapping issues.

My next step is to create an entry for the Jakarta News
page.

I can't completely automate the process yet--a little
frustrating, but there is nothing that can be done about
that.  I can eliminate or lessen the amount of editing
that needs to be done.  I also want to send the announcements
to the various lists automatically.

I need some Ant experts here:

*) I need to reformat text in the Announcement file
   to keep everything within 70-80 columns.

*) I need to automate mail FROM and MAILHOST info

That way, after I manually sign the archives and scp them
up to jakarta.apache.org, I can invoke ./build.sh announcement
and auto email the announcements to the appropriate lists.
The first task is going to be somewhat more troublesome
than the second task.

There are some things at this point that simply cannot be
automated--and due to security concerns I am not sure we
should automate them.  Specifically I am referring to the
signing and uploading of the archives.