avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Geis <ken_g...@telocity.com>
Subject JDBC driver specific initialization
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2001 23:25:29 GMT
Hi.  For an Avalon application I'm writing, I'm making a data access
layer block.  Because of the component nature, that I can switch out
implementations easily, I am trying to make use of JDBC driver specific
features.  In specific, I am trying to use PostgreSQL's
Connection.addDataType(), which can be done at connection initialization.

Since the JdbcDataSource returns an opaque JdbcConnection, the only way
I can see to do what I want is to extend or reimplement
JdbcConnectionFactory and JdbcDataSource.

Does anyone see a better way to do this?  Should there be an easier way?

Ken