avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Avalon 4.0b2rc1
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 17:02:21 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:

> At 12:21 PM 6/1/01 -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> >Due to all the issues with Apache.org being comprimised, I would like
> >to mark a new interim release that is signed.  That way, people can be
> >assured that they have a good version.  Also, there are some minor
> >bug fixes that people should be able to take advantage of.
> >
> >VOTE
> >----
> >Release Avalon Framework 4.0b2rc1
> >Release Avalon LogKit 1.0b2rc1
>
> +1 as soon as someone verifies documentation changes I made. (I still have
> afew minor doccing to do for config package though - so after that).

Ok.

> Two points that need to be resolved before release include:
> * Disposable currently throws an exception yet before release we had
> decided to remove this exception (but never got around to it it seems). Now
> we have to decide if the change is worth breaking backwards compatibility.
>   - +1 to such a move if done now, -1 after this release

Ok.  That is an issue--however not as bad as throwing it when we previously
said it wasn't an issue.

I am +1 for making that change.

> * Should we add methods to Parameters that throw exceptions if parameter
> value is not present or malformed?
>   - +1 to the change from me.

How do you mean?  Are you talking about methods w/o defaults?

IOW:
----

getParameter(String name) throws ConfigurationException;
getParameter(String name, String default);

If so, then I am +1.  It does not break backwards compatibility.

> >Release Avalon Excalibur 4.0b2rc1
>
> -1 until we have meaningful documentation

I am throwing up abstracts for each of the packages now.