avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Geis <ken_g...@telocity.com>
Subject datasource block problems
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 10:54:23 GMT
I have two problems with the datasource components/blocks.  If someone
can help, I'd appreciate it.

1) The DefaultDataSourceSelector block only looks for JDBC drivers in
the system classloader.  I think that it should also check the SAR
classloader.

2) I don't know if the following should be fixed in JdbcDataSource or in
a Configuration class.

There is no way for me to construct a data source with an empty string
as the password.  If I don't specify the password or if I specify
<passwd></passwd>, the default of null is used.  I would prefer that if
<passwd> is omitted, the Configuration returns null; if <passwd> is
empty, the Configuration returns an empty string.

The PostgreSQL driver does not work with a null password.  Of course
another solution would be for the JdbcDataSource to use a default of an
empty string.

Thanks,

	Ken