avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Frozen before traversing dependencies
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2001 03:49:28 GMT
At 02:24 PM 6/13/01 +0200, Marcos Sanz/Denic wrote:
>which could be the reason that freezes one of my applications even before
>bringing the message "Number of blocks to load"? This is my application
>log:

Okay first things first ;) Which version are you using. I introduced a bug
a while back that I recently fixed in framework. (Specifically it could
hand when printing out some exceptions). So you may need to get latest and
greatest from CVS to fix this.

Other than that I noticed that you had things like jndi.bar and jmx.bar.
Just to be clear - are these .bar files (ie do they contain blocks) or are
they just normal jars. If they are normal jars then you can just store them
in <sar-archive>/lib/*.jar.

>Might it be some kind of name conflict between some the blocks of both
>applications? They are actually the same blocks, but that should not happen
>anyway, should it?

Nope - that shouldn't be a problem. Do they depend on any jars in the
globale classloader (ie do they depend on any jars in
<phoenix.home>/libs/*.jar???). If so that could be a problem depending on
the jar.

Anyways I will look closer if that hasn't solved your problem.

Cheers,

Pete