avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: makeReadOnly() method
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 15:05:30 GMT
At 08:55 AM 6/6/01 -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>Here is an idea:  what about making the default implementations
>writable _only_ once.  IOW, once the name/value is set, it cannot
>be changed (value is String or child Configuration[]).

Nice in theory. I am not sure it would work in practice for configuration
or context (definetly wouldn't for context). It could definetly work for CM
... not sure if I like it yet though.

Personally I would prefer manually or programatically constructing
interfaces so as not to disturb users of framework.

Cheers,

Pete