avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Configuration + XML parsers
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 08:37:34 GMT
Hi,

I have been playing with parsers other than Xerces and think we should add
a Jaxp1.1 interface in there. To maintain backwards compatibility what we
could do is check the property that holds sax parser and if present use
that, otherwise we could defer to jaxp mechanisms for loading parser. This
would allow us to drop in arbitrary parsers without fiddling with system
properties (which we currently have to do). Thoughts?

Also I was going to make SAXConfigurationBuilder use rawName rather than
localName for configuration elements. The reason is that current
configuration assumed that no namespaces were present but if they are, or
namespace resolution is turned off it will produce invalid results. (ie
localname="" if namespac resolution turned off or throwing away namespace
part if namespaces are present). Changing this would be a change in
behaviour but I believe it is a bug fix rather than change - what do you
think? Should I change it?

Cheers,

Pete