avalon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Formal Release] Today's the day!
Date Fri, 11 May 2001 21:03:57 GMT

On Fri, 11 May 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Peter Donald wrote:
> >
> > At 09:01  11/5/01 -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> > >OFFICIAL VOTE:  Are we ready?  +1 from me!
> >
> > +1
> > I got heaps of changes sitting on hardisk re documentation so I will soon
> > be able to commit them ;)
> >
> > >What steps need to be taken for the formal release?
> > >
> > >* We need to build the official packages
> > >  - LogKit 1.0b1
> > >  - Framework 4.0b1
> > >  - Excalibur 4.0b1
> >
> > and Tag the CVSes appropriately.
>
> I new there was a detail I missed!
> The released versions need all the conditional classes in there, so do you
> want me to build the projects and send them to you?  I've never done site
> maintenance myself...
>
> > >* We need to update the site with the new site docs
> > >  and the releases.  (Is there any way we can get a
> > >  link at http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.html?)
> >
> > Tell me when your ready and I will do it.
>
> So, do I take the generated docs and overwrite what's in the
> www directory?

In C2 I do the following:

build.sh -verbose site (builds the www site)
cvs commit foo (if not already done)
cd ../xml-site/cocoon (the site will be build outside the repo)
tar cvfz ../cocoon.tgz *
scp ../cocoon.tgz greenrd@apache.org:/tmp
ssh giacomo@apache.org
cd /www/xml.apache.org/cocoon
tar xvfz /tmp/cocoon.tgz
rm -f /tmp/cocoon.tgz

Something similar should be done for jakarta I guess.

Giacomo