avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject i18n code in scratchpad ?
Date Thu, 31 May 2001 13:51:27 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Marcus Crafter wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> >         Hope all is well!
> >
> >         Just wondering about the status of the i18n code in the scratchpad
> >         directory.
> >
> >         Is this code going to be integrated into Avalon in the future ? Is
> >         anyone actually using it ? (and/or have an explanation about how
> >         it's
> >         used ?).
>
> Neeme Praks has used it.  He is going to be the maintainer for this.

	Great. Neeme, I've look at the code to the XMLResourceBundle/Factory
	class and it seems to be mostly clear. What is not currently not clear
	to me is the markup of the input xml documents. What format should
	they be in ?

	I like the idea of using a Factory to get a bundle object, do you
	have plans to make XMLResourceBundle extend java.util.ResourceBundle
	so it can be a drop in replacement for current applications that use
	the java standard ResourceBundle classes ?

	I also noticed that the XMLResourceBundle class depends on Xerces and
	Xalan classes - is there any way of being able to make it function
	independantly of parser and xslt processor ?

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&:           After Hours    : +49 69 49086750