avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Geis <ken_g...@telocity.com>
Subject Greetings (also config.xml ?)
Date Thu, 24 May 2001 21:26:58 GMT
Greetings!  My name is Ken, and I just lost my job.  My big project
before the company folded was to reimplement a Dynamo site that I had
done a lot of work on with servlets/JSP.  I chose to use Struts as well.
  Moving away from Dynamo, we lost a lot of functionality, but it was a
business decision.  I think that the combination of Avalon, Struts,
Tomcat, and JMX would have given us what we wanted.

I kinda want to see that vision through.  Anyway, I was starting a
personal project and Avalon solves some of the issues in it.

I've gotten my server to the point where I have a skeleton Block that
depends on DataSourceSelector.  I can't understand how, in config.xml,
to resolve that dependency (i.e. link the blocks.)  I'm also confused by
the config.xml file at all, and how that information gets to the blocks.

If someone can help me out with this, I'm also starting a visual block
assembly/configuration tool, and that work can continue.

Cheers,

	Ken