avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The release is official
Date Mon, 14 May 2001 12:39:22 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:

> >Other than that, Excalibur really needs
> >documentation badly.
>
> Would it be better that instead of describing each component individually
> we point them to package.html for each package??? We could then just have a
> short highlevel description in xdocs which points to package.html for
> further data???

I would like to see implementation details in the package.html files--but
have the package.html files generated by XSLT.  (In other words we use our
document DTD to write those docs).

The high-level description should be more "what is it" and "what does it do",
while the package.html describes "how do I use it".