avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Benett <char...@benett1.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Formal Release] Today's the day!
Date Fri, 11 May 2001 13:16:24 GMT

Berin Loritsch wrote:

> OFFICIAL VOTE:  Are we ready?  +1 from me!

+1

> What steps need to be taken for the formal release?
>
> * We need to build the official packages
>   - LogKit 1.0b1
>   - Framework 4.0b1
>   - Excalibur 4.0b1
>
> * We need to update the site with the new site docs
>   and the releases.  (Is there any way we can get a
>   link at http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.html?)

Easy basically checkout jakarta-site2 module and amend xdocs. See
jakarta.apache.org/site/jakarta-site2.html

Four questions, though:
1) I guess we are calling this a milestone (rather than release or
nightly)
2) Do we want all three under an Avalon link on binindex
3) There are avalon nightly builds in the ant directory (follow ant from
binindex), do we want these in an avalon dir with an avalon link from
the nightly section? How did they get there?
4) Are we doing a source dist?