avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Current Status of Avalon Beta 1
Date Wed, 02 May 2001 12:35:05 GMT
As of right now, the Avalon framework code has been stable since the
package migration.  I don't think I saw any commits in that area.

Can we vote on a code freeze for Avalon Framework?

For Avalon Excalibur, with the exception of moving thread to scratchpad,
the API has been stable, and the commits have been bug fixes.  At this
time, I think we have the Pool, DataSources, and Component packages
correct.

Are we set for a complete (Avalon Excalibur, Framework, and Scratchpad)
code freeze on Friday 4?

That way, if no bugs come up within the week following, we can package
it up.

Beta 1 FanFare

Because Beta 1 is API and functionality stability, and documentation
updates come with Beta 2, I want to keep the fanfare for Avalon Beta
1 release low.  Announcements will be made locally on Jakarata and
XML announce lists, and the site will be updated to reflect the beta
status with a disclaimer saying that the documentation is under
construction.

We are getting close guys!