avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: config.xml update
Date Sat, 26 May 2001 02:34:34 GMT
At 11:59 AM 5/25/01 -0700, Ken Geis wrote:
>OK.  I understand how to link blocks together in the assembly.xml now.
>
>I was confused about config.xml because I didn't realize that
>Configuration objects are hierarchical.  That's OK now.

;)

>I'm still wondering...  Is there anything planned to introspect a block
>and figure out how its configuration is structured?  I'd think this
>would be important for visual tools to configure an Avalon server.

Our original plan was to specify it using some sort of DTD and or XSchema.
So each Block implementation would include a DTD and/or a schema. In this
schema/dtd would also be default values for elements/attributes (and
documentation in case of XSchema).

I planned to integrate a opensource XML editor like merlot to do the job
(ie write a plugin for it and integrate into a management console). Never
got around to it though ;) Feel free to throw up any ideas ;)

Cheers,

Pete