avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jakarta-avalon-phoenix-bin.jar self-installable
Date Mon, 14 May 2001 01:41:04 GMT
At 06:33  13/5/01 +0100, Paul Hammant wrote:
>A bit late now for additional functionaility?

nope - especially because we haven't even added releases for
phoenix/cornerstone ;)

>If jakarta-avalon-phoenix-bin.jar (which does not yet exist) were
executable, it could

>1a) extract itself to jakarta-avalon-phoenix-bin (in the current) dir
>1b) extract itself to a -d specified parameter
>2) if -f (force) were specified, could overwrite the contents of that dir
instead of issue an
>error
...snip...

This would be useful but I would like to stick to a standard if at all
possible. Over at commons there is discussion surrounding CJAN/JJAN/JNLP to
do this sort of thing. Whether it gets done is another thing altogether ;)
I would like to see how it pans out though.

Cheers,

Pete