avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Formal Release] Today's the day!
Date Fri, 11 May 2001 13:34:09 GMT
At 09:01  11/5/01 -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>OFFICIAL VOTE:  Are we ready?  +1 from me!

+1
I got heaps of changes sitting on hardisk re documentation so I will soon
be able to commit them ;)

>What steps need to be taken for the formal release?
>
>* We need to build the official packages
>  - LogKit 1.0b1
>  - Framework 4.0b1
>  - Excalibur 4.0b1

and Tag the CVSes appropriately.

>* We need to update the site with the new site docs
>  and the releases.  (Is there any way we can get a
>  link at http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.html?)

Tell me when your ready and I will do it.

>* We need to make announcements to xml-announce and
>  jakarta-announce about Avalon 4.0b1.  Please note,
>  that I would like to wait until the other two steps
>  have been completed first.

sounds - buzz not writing the release note though ;) My english is sucking
very badly of late ;]

>Am I missing anything?

Besides the CVS tag we should also bump versions post release/TAG.

BTW has everyone made sure that the distributions build a-ok and include
all relevent stuff?

Cheers,

Pete