avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-avalon-logkit/lib avalon-framework.jar
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 13:42:25 GMT
At 09:21  9/5/01 -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>I *know* there has to be some kind of black magic....

;)

>OK.  Can we have the AvalonLogFormatter in LogKit.  If the jar exists,
that class
>gets compiled--otherwise the ability of LogKit is crippled.  I think that
would help
>the most people involved--without penalizing people who just use LogKit.

No problem there. Two other "fixes" that have been requested by a few
people; they are

1. make time in LogEvent wall time rather than time since JVM load
2. make default display of time be (new Date(time)).toString() rather than
just time

Anyone have any opnions on these. (I see no problem with either). Both have
been requested a few times but never implemented to keep backwards compat
.. but as we already broke it .... ;)
Cheers,

Pete