avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ LogKit ] Printing Cascading**
Date Tue, 08 May 2001 21:01:53 GMT
At 04:18  8/5/01 -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>I have a RuntimeException that is extending the CascadingRunTimeException,
>however only the top exception is printed in the stack trace.  We need to
>make CascadingThrowables print all their stack traces.

Right - that would have been possible if we had broken avalon.* into aut,
framework and excalibur because then aut could have contained Cascading*
and logkit could have dependend on that. I would be uncomfortable making
logkit depend on framework as that is a circular dependency.

This is the reason why we used to have an AvalonLogFormatter (later got
moved to Phoenix). SO it would probably best for the time being to just use
copy-paste reuse and copy that target into cocoon.

Cheers,

Pete