avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Volunteer for Framework Release Manager
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2001 14:27:17 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> I would like to volunteer for the role of Avalon Framework Release
Manager.

If I may be so bold, may I suggest that work begin on a release plan?  An
example that you can strip down or add to as necessary can be found at:

   http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/~checkout~/jakarta-tomcat/RELEASE-PLAN-3.3?content-type=text/plain

Such a release plan, once ready, would be put up for a vote.  Contained in
the release plan would be the name of the release manager.

- Sam Ruby

P.S.  The release plan I am pointing to as an example contains dates.  If
you feel it is more appropriate, specify exit criteria instead.