avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Simons" <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject RE: Throwing exceptions during contextualization
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2001 13:21:49 GMT
This is on my to-do list (which I've lost =). I agree.
Since the lifecycle stuff is supposed to be stable, this
is not something we're allowed to change easily.
Perhaps we should make a RuntimeCascadingException
that extends RuntimeException and have ContextException
extend that to maintain compatibility...would that
work?

btw, I feel more of the lifecycle methods should throw
a specific (new) kind of exception, for issues like this.
Would extending RuntimeException still allow legacy
code to compile (it should, but I'm not sure)?

cheers,

LSD