avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Simons" <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject RE: v4 jmx kernel
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2001 05:56:02 GMT
> Well for one you didn't follow the code conventions ;)

I thought there had been an okay-if-you-really-want-to vote on this?

> but other than that
> the following
>
>         kernel.loadServices();
>         kernel.installServices();
>         kernel.runServices();
>         kernel.loadServerApplications();
>         kernel.installServerApplications();
>         kernel.runServerApplications();
>
> IMHO it should be up to a Deployer (or Installer) to load/install services
> and applications. This allows different types of installers/deployers to
> install different types of applications (Something I need for my own
> projects).

Yep. My idea was that the kernel was loaded like this because the kernel
should set up the deployer based on configuration info, and it is kind-of
a waste to create a deployer for just the kernel.

> I think we need to formally define a new object to make things easier. The
> Services JSR calls this object the "Embeddor" (sp?).

Where do I find that?

> Essentially it is
> responsible for
> * creating MBeanServer
> * starting MBeanServer
> * creating kernel
> * starting kernel
>
> and optionally for
> * creating deployer
> * using deployer to deploy from default location(s)
> * creating default logEngine
> * setting up default log for kernel

Sounds good. Want to write one? =)

cheers!