avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Sony Joseph" <s...@eself.com>
Subject RE: Getting Involved..
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2001 18:00:34 GMT

Thanks for the info. I definitely look forward to contributing to all the
efforts going on.

- Sony

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Donald [mailto:donaldp@apache.org]
Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2001 5:41 PM
To: Avalon Development
Subject: Re: Getting Involved..

At 11:02  5/04/01 -0700, Sony Joseph wrote:
>	I would like to get involved in the project once this phase has been
>completed. How should I go about it and also are there any documentation
>other than those put on the web I could take a look at .

Kewl. To get involved you can just jump in and implement something we need
or join conversations etc ;)

Theres not a lot of documentation other than what is given. We follow a lot
of design patterns in "Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented
Software" as indicated by Berin. I also tend to draw a fair bit from Doug
Leas concurrency, the ACE framework (adaptive communications (???)
environment - do a search on googl for it) and a few other places - if
interested I will try to gather some references in a week or two ;)

Cheers,

Pete