avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Pool Implementations
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 02:19:26 GMT
As far as I can test, the Pool implementations are all rock solid.  You
will
find that the DefaultPool that does no resource reclamation to be
blazingly
fast and safe in a SMP environment.  The SoftResourceLimitingPool is
somewhat slower, however it is still very quick, and keeps the overall
resources from getting out of hand.  The HardResourceLimitingPool is
roughly the same speed as the SoftResourceLimitingPool, however it will
throw an exception if too many resources are asked for.

We may need one more Pool: a blocking resource limiting pool--one that
extends HardResourceLimitingPool, but it blocks waiting for a resource
to become available.  Possible post release (i.e. 4.1...).