avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Harrop <ja...@xn.com.au>
Subject Configuration - behaviour not as expected?
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2001 05:25:51 GMT
Hi.

I made a small test to experiment with the
org.apache.avalon.configuration package.

I wanted to see what it would do with mixed content, so i fed the
following XML file into my Test.java:

XML
===

<root>
	<alpha>apples</alpha>
	<beta>beta content</beta>
	<charlie>cares!</charlie>
	<christie/>
	<doesnt>christie, that is</doesnt>
	<elf><child1/>mixed<child2/></elf>
</root>

OUTPUT
======

alpha : apples
beta : beta content
charlie : cares!
No value is associated with the configuration element "christie"
doesnt : christie, that is
No value is associated with the configuration element "elf"
No value is associated with the configuration element "child1"
child2 : mixed

EXPECTED BEHAVIOUR
==================

I expected it not to like the mixed content inside <elf>.  I didn't
expect it to say the value of <child2> was "mixed"!

test.java attached.

thanks,

Jason

-------------

package org.apache.avalon.configuration;

class Test {

         ConfigurationBuilder configurationBuilder = new
DefaultConfigurationBuilder( "org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser");
	Configuration configuration = null;
         try {
		configuration = configurationBuilder.build( "/tmp/test.xml");
	} catch (org.xml.sax.SAXException sae) {
		System.out.println( sae.getMessage() );
	} catch (java.io.IOException ioe) {
		System.out.println( ioe.getMessage() );
	} catch (org.apache.avalon.configuration.ConfigurationException ce) {
		System.out.println( ce.getMessage() );
	}

         Configuration[] children = configuration.getChildren();

         display( children );

     }

     public static  void display( Configuration[] children) {
         for( int i=0; i<children.length; i++) {
             try {
                 System.out.println( children[i].getName() + " : " +
children[i].getValue() );
             } catch
(org.apache.avalon.configuration.ConfigurationException ce) {
                 System.out.println( ce.getMessage() );
             }
             if (children[i].getChildren().length!=0 )  {
                 Configuration[] elfen = children[i].getChildren();
                 display( elfen);
             }
         }
     }