avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject RE: more on lifecycle methods
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2001 10:03:33 GMT
At 11:25  24/4/01 +0200, Leo Simons wrote:
>> no idea - I would -1 the Executable name in favour of something else
>> (Animatable or Active???). Still can't think of a good name for
>> Interruptable thou ;)
>
>Component == Passive entity
>Composer/Composable == Active entity
>
>So that's not a real option.

Do you like Animated then ?

>Why was it again that Interruptable was a bad name? Perhaps...
>...scratches head...can't think of anything else either ;/

Interruptable implies either of the following

interface Interruptable {} //ie maarker interface
interface Interruptable
{
  void interrupt();
}

because that is a fairly established pattern. Don't know of anything better
though .... may scrounge through saw thesaurus/dictionary.

>> -1 on adding commands at this stage
>
>I agree. Untested code should not go in a beta. But do we move there in
>the future or not?

yep - but I am not sure the proposed design was something desirable yet.
What you called Commands are traditionally called Task/Jobs. Before we
adopt anything we should check out existing research (and there is a lot
about it) aswell as prototype it a bit ;)

Cheers,

Pete