avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Status of framework beta release?
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2001 15:00:07 GMT
At 09:07  23/4/01 -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>Let's not take my argument to the extreme.  The natural separation of
Cornerstone, Pheonix,
>and Avalon Framework (and LogKit) is both acceptable and good.  My
argument is to not take
>the extreme approach in the other direction and have 20 jars where 3 or 4
are warranted.

Lets see - I want 3 jars for cocoon for clearly separate concerns
* logging
* framework
* components

So where are the other 17 you are yammering about ? ;)

>That is a packaging issue for Pheonix, and might help there.  But keep in
mind that Cocoon
>attempted that approach, and people got confused over using the Jar as an
archive vs. using
>it as an executable.

yup - there was a few knew apis from sun to do that I believe. Webstart and
Java Network Launch Protocol (or something similar) - not sure if they are
applet only but I have a fealing JNLP can also do applications. Something
to think about for future anyway.
Cheers,

Pete