avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject [Framework] ContextException
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2001 06:08:36 GMT
Hi,

Just about to implement this. I figure that we stick with the pattern
established by Configuration and have exception thrown from Context.get() -
you can always manually rethrow a ContextException if it doesn't conform to
your context rules set.

One thing I was thinking about - should there be a method like

Object get( String key, Object defaultValue );

My initial reaction was to say no as a valid context should never return
null. The reason being that COntext is effectively part of
Container-Component contract and if that is violated then that means the
Container is Fubar. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Cheers,

Pete