avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject RoleManager et al
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2001 09:31:13 GMT
Hi,

The current org.apache.avalon.component.Default* is Cocoon specific. It
links against org.apache.excalibur.pool.* and uses format specified in
Cocoon conf file. This is problematic considering the framework classes are
meant to be independent of components. Consequently I propose that we move
the classes either into excalibur or cocoon. We can rework the
RoleManager/Other to be more generic (not deal with
threading/pooling/whatever) and keep that in avalon.component.*. We then
move the hashtable based DefaultComponent* into org.apache.avalon.component.*

Another thing is I need to know whether or not to change
Composer->Composable. I think it would be a good thing to do in long run.

Cheers,

Pete