avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject [Phoenix] Extract and Deploy???
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2001 12:23:10 GMT
Hi,

Our current strategy for deploying is to extract the whole .sar during
deployment process. As this can be a PITA to manage (ever spent an hour
debugging something that was already fixed but you never noticed as new
.sar was never extracted) I was thinking about what we should do. The eas
project wanted to be able to extract and deploy resources in a controlled
manner using something like ant scripts. So how do you see it operating?

If your server needs resource X to be on filesystem - how should we do it?
Should we use a script? Extract everything? Leave it to a Block? Something
else?

Cheers,

Pete