avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject [Phoenix] Clean and Shine
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2001 08:36:47 GMT
Hi,

I have some spare time over the next bit which I plan to hack at phoenix
again. I am going to be incorporating stuff from Leos proposal and have
already done some of that.

>From his proposal I incorporated the Embeddor with the following changes
* Use Parameters instead of Context to pass around startup parameters (ie
name of kernel etc)
* Removed Manager stuff as it is not fully implemented yet
* I made embeddor no longer deal with a pausable or restartable kernel as I
couldn't think of a good use case. It makes sense for Applications to be
paused/suspended/reset but I couldn't think of a good reason for the kernel.
* Instead of implementing Runnable I instead added a method "execute" to
interface which allows us to propogate exception up to Main.java

I also merged all the ServerKernel+AbstractServerKernel+DefaultServerKernel
as is in his proposal.

I will most likely also merge all the functionality of
org.apache.avalon.camelot.pipeline into 2-3
org.apache.phoenix.engine.phase.Phase's. This will dramatically simplify
things and I think we can get the flexability another way (namely through
pluggable facilities).

I will look at how facilities are laid out after that. ;)
Cheers,

Pete