avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit:jakarta-avalon-logkit/src/java/org/apache/logLogEngine.java LogKit.javaLogger.java
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2001 20:10:36 GMT
on 3/27/01 1:44 AM, "Peter Donald" <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:

> (a) I was under impression velocity was moving to log4j

Myself and Geir and Jason added support for the ability to plug in any
logging tool via a simple interface. Both LogKit and Log4J are both fully
supported.

> (b) they never directly called the constructor

Ok. That is something that I wanted you to confirm. However, how do you know
what other people's software is calling?

> (c) if it had of broken them it would have taken a simple note to fix it
> rather than screaming "bloody murder"

The point being that Sam has been quietly screaming bloody murder for the
last 3-4 months now and it still doesn't seem to be getting into anyone's
head. I'm not afraid to scream a bit louder. Eh? :-)

-jon