avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Fedor Karpelevitch <fedor.karpelevi...@home.com>
Subject Re: Avalon-based News server.
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2001 23:29:06 GMT
Hi!

So it lloks like there is enough interest for it, which is good. The
product name is Jannet (JAva NNTp or something...) - you may come up
with a better name.
I will put it up on some FTP in a couple of days. Look at it and
critisize (there are some design desisions I am not happy about myself
so you I expect you not to be either). I believe that at this point it
makes most sense to make it another cornerstone demo.
As far as James is concerned, looking at it I got an impression that
although there are many similarities in main and news concepts there are
also some substantial differences which make integration questionable. I
admit though I am not quite familiar with James though.
I will also take care of repackaging and license stuff soon.
I'll post a notice when I put it to some publicly available place.

Fedor