avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Fedor Karpelevitch <fedor.karpelevi...@home.com>
Subject Avalon-based News server.
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2001 19:51:57 GMT
Hi!

Here is the deal.
I was developing a News server based on Avalon for my company lately.
It is currenly in some Alpha stage. As my company is about to die there
would be no problem to get the news server open source (there were plans
for it anyway).
The only question is whether there is any interest in this. So basically
I am asking if anybody would be interested in
using/supporting/developing etc. such a server, as I see no point in
creating another dead-born project. It supports pluggable backend
implementations so it can be used to provide news interface to pretty
much anything fitting into the newsgroup concept (most obvious would be
mail-list archives and discussion forums). I will also be supporting it
to some degree if I am not the only one interested.

It can be set up as a separate project or may be integrated into 1)
cornerstone as another demo 2) James (but I am not quite sure if it is
actually a fit for James).

So please let me know if you or anyone else may be interested in it.
Reply to me personally or to avalon-dev (i am not subscribed to james-dev).

Thanks.

Fedor.

PS. BTW I am looking for a Java programming position in SF Bay Area so
if you have something let me know. It's appreciated.