avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Pool Rework
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2001 18:05:50 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> > Peter Donald wrote:
> > >
> > > Sounds good. Though all that threading is bound to make your hair curl ;)
> > > It got me going cross-eyed ;)

I am working on a new Pool implementation using the algorithm previously
discussed (based on the JdbcConnectionPool) that would work properly.
The issue I am dealing with at this point in time is that we need the
ObjectFactory to handle the end of an Object's life.  In Cocoon it would
call the destroy(), stop(), and other end of lifecycle events for an
Avalon Component.  I propose this:

ObjectFactory {
   Object newInstance(); //fully prepared object
   Class getCreatedClass(); //Class object
   void decommission(Object); //takes care of end of life handling.
}

This is important for ResourceLimiting implementations.