avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit:jakarta-avalon-logkit/src/java/org/apache/logLogEngine.java LogKit.javaLogger.java
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2001 09:44:31 GMT
At 11:53  26/3/01 -0800, Jon Stevens wrote:
>Ok, so if you object to it so much, how come you went back and fixed it
>after I complained?

I don't object to it but I am not going to put pointless effort into
maintaining something that no one wants/needs/uses. The only it was put in
was because presumably you have a problem which requires it.

>Also, given that Velocity is known to use logkit, how about you take the
>time to make sure that Velocity still builds correctly against your changes?

Well
(a) I was under impression velocity was moving to log4j
(b) they never directly called the constructor
(c) if it had of broken them it would have taken a simple note to fix it
rather than screaming "bloody murder"

Cheers,

Pete