avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Changes to TimeTrigger.
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2001 07:55:22 GMT
At 10:40  15/3/01 -0800, Ram C wrote:
>That was exactly the problem...

ahhh - I see ;)

>In the original code, the 'offset' is lost because the m_startTime was
>either the current time or (current time + offset). The PeriodicTimeTrigger
>had a time sensitive information (current time) within itself.
>
>Whenever a trigger is reset, i have to reset this time sensitive information
>in PeriodicTimeTrigger.
>
>I had two choice.....
>1) Update the original trigger to somehow reset this time sensitive
information.

I like this approach - if I get what you mean. Do you mean add a method
"void reset();" to Trigger interface? If so I think that would be much
better as later on when when we have triggers that are not tied to time (ie
fire trigger when a certain system event occurs) this will work well. What
do you think ?

Cheers,

Pete