avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject src/compat and src/whiteboard
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2001 03:44:55 GMT
Hi,

Having been away from code a bit I had another look at it and still think
it is a little messy. So I want to clean it up while keeping backwards
compatability.

Action items:

1. create a new hierarchy src/compat to contain deprecated/compatability code
2. create a new hierarchy src/whiteboard that contains useful code that is
not fully road tested
3. migrate main avalon CVS to these hierarchies (some util.* goes to
whiteboard while old configuration stuff and other deprecated methods go to
src/compat).

src/compat would contain old crusty code whos basic purpose is to keep
backwards compatability. It would make it easier to understand the main
tree with out the clutter.

(2) would enable me to still work with code even if it is only road tested
in a few places. When it "matures" it could be moved to main hierarchy.

Cheers,

Pete