avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cornerstone.bar & classpath for compile
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2001 04:27:24 GMT
At 01:28  3/3/01 -0800, Paul Hammant wrote:
>Problem: The app needs some cornerstone services.  I have copied
cornerstone-0.7.bar to a diretory
>in the new app, and changed path like so....
>
>  <path id="project.class.path">
>    <pathelement path="${java.class.path}" />
>    <fileset dir="${lib.dir}">
>      <include name="*.jar" />
>    </fileset>
>    <fileset dir="cornerstone">
>      <include name="*.bar" />
>    </fileset>
>    <pathelement path="${build.classes}" />
>  </path>
>

>It does not work until I rename the bar file to a jar, and the relevent
include line to "*.jar".

It must be compiler specific (ie it works fine with my compiler - jikes).
However ages ago I had the same problem so I just separated the services.*
.class files in one jar and kept the blocks.* in the .bar file. We need to
formalize such a mechanism at some time because Fede needs it aswell.

Cheers,

Pete