avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FTP Server block.
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2001 11:51:20 GMT
At 03:39  1/3/01 -0800, Paul Hammant wrote:
>A guy that has done some work for Jesktop has developed a FTP server
(complete with login etc).
>attached to it is a GUI for addition of users and other config chores.
He's tested it with major
>browsers and FTP clients and it's very good.
>
>When looking at it, I am thinking Avalon!  Would this, if adapted to the
Avalon way, be a worthy
>addition to Avalon/cornerstone?

Depends on how complete it was. If it was complete I would say it is worthy
of being a completely separate project ;) If it is less complete and needs
time to mature then I would to see it converted to avalon/cornerstone way
;) It's up to him and how he wants to proceed I guess. I have written my
own FTP server but would gladly drop it to work on another as his sounds
more complete than mine (mine breaks on some passive transfers because I am
a crap programmer ;]).

Ask him what he thinks about it and what he wants to do and see what he
saids ;)

Cheers,

Pete