avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <paul_hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix die gracefuly :-)
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2001 21:36:39 GMT
>In Phoenix I was assuming that we would have to place it in the
>conf/server.xml file. The demos currently grant all permissions all the
>time but we could make codebases less privlidged if we wanted ;)

Yup, I saw that code. Obviously Avalon/Phoenix needs to shift to a sandbox (no file io etc),
and
sar's ask for extra rights, "all" being one of the things it can ask for in it's server.xml

How does a server app commincate this need of a nerly installed sar to the sysop who can grant
it?
 Popup Dialog?... no I guess.  Console based y/n question - probably.  What's prpbably needed
is
an abstraction of "Authorizer", which defaults to console but custom implementations can redirect
the grant request to other places/machines.

I'm quite out of my depth here on the security, however I did buy the Prentice Hall J2 Network
Security book :-)

=====
Regards - Paul H
====