avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <paul_hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject cornerstone.bar & classpath for compile
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2001 09:28:05 GMT
In a new Avalon project (actualy I am doing to setup for someone else's project, I have used
as a
starting point the cornertone directory structure and build.xml.  It's a neat way to start
an
Avalon based project.

Problem: The app needs some cornerstone services.  I have copied cornerstone-0.7.bar to a
diretory
in the new app, and changed path like so....

  <path id="project.class.path">
    <pathelement path="${java.class.path}" />
    <fileset dir="${lib.dir}">
      <include name="*.jar" />
    </fileset>
    <fileset dir="cornerstone">
      <include name="*.bar" />
    </fileset>
    <pathelement path="${build.classes}" />
  </path>

It does not work until I rename the bar file to a jar, and the relevent include line to "*.jar".

Other Avalon teams must have overcome this in a less smelly way... Ho so?

Regards,

- Paul H