avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: Cornerstone tomorrow?
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2001 22:10:45 GMT
on 2/23/01 2:13 PM, "Federico Barbieri" <scoobie@betaversion.org> wrote:

> I guess it's not the standard procedure but I really don't care about
> all the cvs history. One of the reason is that with the split history
> became quite meaningless. Avalon as it was a year ago is so different
> from jakarta-avalon that it makes more sense to me to just use releases
> as historical db.
>
> what's so wrong with this?
>
> Fede

The world is MUCH larger than just what you happen to care about Fede.

The fact of the matter is that other people might care about it. You are
doing open development and you have absolutely no clue as to who else might
be depending on your software.

By screwing up the history on the files, you might as well just change
methods without deprecating them as well....because who cares? You certainly
don't.

One of the primary purposes of CVS is to keep a history of changes on files.
How can you simply ignore that?

-jon