avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Federico Barbieri <scoo...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] Primitive and composite patterns
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2001 09:11:24 GMT
BTW at this point a summary:

packages:
component
configuration
container
context
lifecycle
pool
processor
thread
util

are PRIMITIVE
that means they are decoupled, you can use one each package separately.
Ex: I want to write some kind of application, I'll need conf and I like
avalon.Configuration, my application is going to be a container and I
like the avalon.container but even if I'll need to make child
communicate one with the other I don't like the ComponentManager and all
the avalon.component package, I'll use JNDI. Now I can do it, import
only what I want and forget all the rest.

Primitive are easier to understand and document becouse they are
self-contained.

camelot builds from the container and component packages an higher level
pattern for component oriented containers.

datasource uses component, configuration and loggable.

I like what I see... :-) do you?

Fede