avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Phoenix] Exceptions, Events and i18n
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 02:46:10 GMT
At 09:50  27/2/01 -0500, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>Having some history with the GNU GetText program, the way they do the change
>is similar to #1.  By saying that "Entry %s has ..." is flawed because of
>languages that change the form of the word based on its position in the
sentence

I agree but in our case these inserted things won't be things that alter
gramatically as they are usually names, numbers or boolean. The underling
java i18n handles boolean/numbers and we don't need names altered. ie if a
block is called "socketserver" we don't want it to be "translated" into
another language as then it would not match the name in config file.

Cheers,

Pete