avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Docs and stuff
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 02:28:18 GMT
At 09:43  27/2/01 -0800, Jon Stevens wrote:
>on 2/27/01 2:56 AM, "Peter Donald" <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> how do we want to organize docs? It is near impossible to have integrated
>> docs from three different projects. Neither anakia, stylebook or cocoon
>> from the looks of it are able to do it easily.
>
>Eh? What exactly is missing from Anakia?

The same stuff missing from stylebook. You still have to manually build the
project/book file and carefully craft cross-links. The context information
(ie where you are relating to root document, the link traversal path etc)
is difficult (though not impossible) to extract.

>> Hell I couldn't find
>> anything to build hierarchial static web-documents anywhere on the web ;(
>
>Please give me an example of what you mean here.

Consider the directory structure

doc.xml
path1/doc.xml
path1/patha/doc.xml
path2/doc.xml

I would want to automagically generate a schaffolding for the documents
that includes the above in a single sweep. The side navigation bar would
expand as you walk down the tree. ie path1/patha/doc.xml would have the
menu item path1 and patha expanded but path2 closed. There would also be
links across top the state how you traverse to this location.

The best way to do this would be to write an ant task to automagically
generate the project/book files and then do some complex scripting in
XSLT/Velocity.

Cheers,

Pete